The direction for the DRCCF is provided by a Board of Directors under the leadership of an Executive Committee comprised of President, Vice-President and Secretary-Treasurer positions.
Responsibilities of Board Members include but are not limited to:
- Displaying a commitment to and understanding of the Vision, Mission, values and Beliefs and Policies of the DRCCF
- Representing the DRCCF externally
- Working and participating towards a common goal within the entity's structure
- Actively participating in Board and/or Committees/Task Groups
- Participating in providing educational opportunities in the community
- Maintaining confidentiality and ensure proper protocol regarding lines of communication
The recruitment process for Director appointment will make every attempt to ensure broad-based representation based on the following:
- Geographical split
- Cross section of skills and expertise
- Appointment of one delegate from Durham College of Applied arts and Technology (ECE Department)
- Appointment of one delegate employed by an agency providing supports to children with special needs
- A mix of licensed child care providers, including non-profit/commercial, urban/rural, group/home care, individual/corporation and a variety of age groupings.
- Family support services
- Other community members that support the principles of the organization